Efficient monitoring of the warehouse and manufacturing unit activities is crucial for attaining optimal efficiency and productivity. The amount of work in the manufacturing units may vary as per the market demand and ongoing business season. In order to maintain productivity and profitability, manufacturing organisations must effectively respond to fluctuations by ensuring their workforce aligns with supply and demand.
Insufficient staffing within the team can lead to bottlenecks in warehousing and manufacturing processes, resulting in undesirable outcomes such as production delays, increased waste and reduced efficiency and overstaffing can simply cause increased costs and ineffective resource management. Striking this balance helps avoid issues related to overstaffing or understaffing, such as increased labor costs, reduced productivity or compromised product quality. Unresolved bottlenecks can lead to decreased sales, reduced profits and can harm the reputation of business in the market.
The solution to this situation lies in real-time monitoring of the resources available. KYTE, a popular Employee Attendance Tracking App has emerged as one of the most effective tools, providing valuable insights into various aspects of the shop floor in the warehouse and manufacturing units. By capturing online attendance, real-time data of staff is captured and this data can be leveraged by management to identify inefficiencies and implement necessary improvements.
Tracking the employee’s work hours can be incredibly challenging without the appropriate tools. Dealing with stacks of paperwork, attempting to recall when an employee began their shift on specific day, can be difficult as well as frustrating. Staff rounding off their work hours can lead to financial losses specially in the manufacturing and warehousing industries. With the advent of online attendance apps, it is possible to automate and accurately monitor your team’s time, providing you with the confidence that you are compensating them fairly for their efforts and getting the required productivity per day. Let’s see, how KYTE can prove to be specifically useful employee tracking app for shop floors.
KYTE is an online attendance tracking app that allows the company owners to track the attendance of their staff at any location, and capture their live location and time stamps along with the attendance. The attendance records are centralised using the cloud services, allowing the user to capture attendance from multiple shop floors on a single screen.
1. Prevents fraudulent time practices: With online clocking options, the fraudulent time practices can be easily eliminated. KYTE captures the exact time and location when employee logs in his/her attendance and also offers the feature to allow employees to post a selfie with the attendance. Therefore, there is no chance of buddy punching or filling wrong time or location information.
2. Manage absences: Online attendance tracking helps in reducing absenteeism and improving productivity. Easy-to-access data highlights attendance issues for timely resolution.
3. Effective Monitoring with geo-fencing: KYTE also offers the geo-fencing feature allowing the users to create a geo-fence around desired work area to identify time thefts. Anytime, an employee enters or exits the geofence, the management gets notified and can address the issue in a timely manner.
4. Leave Management: KYTE offers in-app leave management module, allowing employee to plan and apply for leaves in a timely manner and get approvals directly from the phone. Both managers and employees can view and manage vacation time, sick time, and personal time directly through the system, streamlining the approval process for time-off request.
5. Improves payroll practices: Easy to integrate APIs offered by KYTE enable easy data export directly to the payroll software, reducing time spent on payroll processing and minimising errors.
6. Effective shift scheduling: KYTE offers in-app shift scheduling module, allowing the supervisors to view and manage the shifts and allocate resources effectively for better productivity.
7. Facilitates trend reporting: KYTE’s intuitive dashboard provides information on overtime, productivity, absences and resource shortage, assisting in making strategic business decisions. Attendance reports can also play important role in performance reviews and effective grievance handling.
8. Ensure compliance: With online attendance records of logged-in times and shift hours, it is easy to prove compliance with the state and local government rules and regulations.
Therefore, the benefits offered by KYTE makes it an essential productivity tool for capturing and enhancing the productivity of the shop floors. Capturing and managing the attendance data of large workforce is not a cumbersome process anymore with KYTE. Book a demo today to understand how KYTE can help your business flourish.